Episode 51: Got Decision Fatigue? The 4 Acts of Discernment That Women Who Make ‘Right Decisions’ KnowOct 26, 2020
There you are, working diligently to get something done, sticking to your commitment to pick up the tasks your coworkers or employees needed help with. But now it’s 7 p.m. on Friday, and you would rather be able to stop working and get the essential moment to recharge that you know you need. You ask yourself, “Why did I say yes to doing this?”
If this feels familiar to you, here’s what I want you to know: Women have not been taught how to make decisions. Instead, we’ve been taught how to default.
In this episode, Karlee shares her process for making fully-informed decisions and provides the tools to avoid slipping into a default “yes.” At the heart of it, this episode is all about up-leveling yourself and reclaiming your time, energy, life and best work. Karlee provides case studies of how real women shift their decision-making process, and how it’s opened up new doors for them on the spot.
Karlee covers three main topics in this episode: what causes women to default rather than discern, the four acts of discernment that allow women to feel satisfied with their careers and lives, and a step-by-step process for making "right decisions".
Tune in to this episode to kick off a lifelong conversation about your own discernment, and begin the journey into a more beautiful career and life than you have imagined.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- How stepping into the role of making decisions for your own life leads to experiencing a life of excellence. (9:42)
- Why we don’t always know the answer to a decision before us. (16:22)
- The 4 Acts of Discernment. (20:10)
- How to discern if a decision even needs to involve you. (20:54)
- How your thoughts and environments affect your ability to make decisions. (25:55)
- How to “try on” potential decisions. (40:17)
People Mentioned In This Episode:
Messy and Magnificent is produced by the folks at Ginni Media.