Episode 11: Is it the right time to change careers?Jan 20, 2020
How do you know when it’s time to change your career? This is the question that driven people are constantly asking themselves, and it's a question we want to answer correctly, right?! After all, changing your career might shift everything around in your life as well. So, how do you know when you’re ready?
In this episode, Karlee invites a surprise guest to her studio, Kelsey Fain, a business owner with a courageous story of taking a professional leap, that happens to be her sister. They discuss what it takes to leave jobs that look good on paper, and dive into the life they wanted to create for themselves. This is a no-BS, no sugar-coating kind of conversation. Together, they talk about the financial aspects of shifting your career, how they learned to handle the influx of work, and ultimately why, at the end of the day. they feel more inspired to keep pushing forward.
Here’s the deal: There’s never going to be a “perfect” time to take the leap. You just have to do it – but you can do it strategically.
Tune in to learn about how to deal with the transition to consciously creating the life you really want to live.
Some Questions Karlee Asks:
● Before you left your corporate job, what made you notice that it was time for a change? (3:32)
● What do you know now that you didn’t know prior to switching careers? (16:32)
In This Episode You'll Learn:
● What pushed Kelsey to take her first step into a career change. (7:38)
● How Kelsey created an “exit strategy” for herself so she didn't leap blindly. (8:52)
● How to create the roots for your rising. (10:25)
● What mindset helps treat imposter syndrome and overwhelm. (16:49)
● Why those that thrive remove “should” from their vocabulary. (19:54)
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
Found this episode helpful? Leave a review on your podcast app and share a screen shot of this episode on social media so other women can see it. Tag Karlee so she can give you a shout out on: Instagram or Facebook
Or drop Karlee a line here.