Episode 19: Sh*t just hit the fan: How We Do Well At Work During Tough TimesMar 16, 2020
"How am I supposed to focus on my work, when my heart tender and I'm distracted by something in my personal life?"
There you are, minding your own business, going through the day and through your agenda, and then, suddenly, Boom! Something happens in your personal life - you find yourself having to juggle your career and a personal challenge at the same time.
It’s not easy to get work done when we’re feeling pulled in 10 different directions and our mind and heart are in a totally different space. It feels hard because it is!
We are human, not robots, and when something in our life changes, we have to give ourselves permission to change up the way we do somethings at work.
In this episode, Karlee shares the secret sauce used by women who are able to keep on showing up to do their best work even when life is throwing them curve balls. She explains the four pillars that will keep you sturdy in your career when you’re facing a personal challenge, and after listening to her, you’ll walk away with a new way of approaching your work.
*Tune in to learn how to get far more done, in far less time, so that your career does well while you tend to your personal life too.
In This Episode You'll Learn:
● How to stop acting like everything’s normal, when it actually isn’t. (09:12)
● How to face the emotions that overwhelm you. (11:53)
● What to focus on during tough times. (15:28)
● When to ask yourself the question, “What do I need right now?” (18:03)
● How to increase your efficiency and productivity at work, by leveraging this “sacred interruption”. (19:24)
● How to apply the 80/20 Principle. (20:30)
● Some examples of the 80/20 Principle into action. (24:31)
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
Found this episode helpful? Leave a review on your podcast app and share a screen shot of this episode on social media so other women can see it. Tag Karlee so she can give you a shout out on: Instagram or Facebook
Or drop Karlee a line here.