Episode 2: Nobody Really Gets You? How to upgrade your adult relationships.Nov 18, 2019
Ever feel like you’re surrounded by good people, but nobody really understands what you have to do to get through each day? Other people praise you for how much you get done, or how good your life and career look on paper, yet you know you are capable of more...but when is that supposed to happen when you are so busy, right?!
There’s a term for this: Popular Isolation.
In this episode, Karlee Fain is going to share proven strategies for curing Popular Isolation: develop meaningful adult relationships that go below the surface to lift you up. She covers research-based reasons for why having quality friends really matters as adults, and how strong friendships uplift society. To make sure all bases are covered, Karlee also shares 3 doable ways to start making friends as an adult.
Because here’s the deal: If you don’t consciously create the opportunities to create meaningful connections with people that nourish you deeply, you might not notice until you are exhausted, depleted, and always feeling behind. The good news: this is fixable.
Tune in to learn how to form meaningful, lasting relationships with friends as an adult, and how the power of healthy friendships will elevate you from feeling like you are never enough, to a career and lifestyle that loves you back.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Why having quality friends as adults improve all aspects of life & society. (4:04)
- How women and men respond to stress differently. (5:24)
- The symptoms of Popular Isolation. (8:59)
- What key attributes to look for in good friends, and who to avoid. (12:42)
- How to cure Popular Isolation. (16:25)
- Some conversation starters to help you dive below the surface. (18:27)
- Three quick and actionable ways to make friends as an adult. (21:50)
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Connect with Karlee Fain:
Found this episode helpful? Leave a review on your podcast app and share a screen shot of this episode on social media so other women can see it. Tag Karlee so she can give you a shout out on: Instagram or Facebook
Or drop Karlee a line here