Episode 25: Feeling Stuck or Exhausted? Great, there is something right with you.Apr 27, 2020
Why can't I keep up with everyone else?
Why don't I have the energy or answers to take the next step yet?
Am I missing out on an opportunity, or am I going to fall even father behind than I already feel?
If any of those thoughts are relatable, it could be because you're accidentally comparing yourself to the knee-jerk-swift-action way of working and living that has become our cultural norm. And frankly, that way is not working, for anyone.
So, if you’re used to doing the grind, and all this hustle got you a life that looks great on paper – but it’s leaving you feeling stuck, drained and unsatisfied at the end of the day, this is an indicator that the way things are – and the way society tells you to expect you to run your business and life – is just not working for you. And that’s okay.
It’s okay to not have all the answers right now. You aren't exhausted because something is wrong with you, you are exhausted because something is right with you.
You see, we’ve all been taught one way to move about work and life: aggressively and immediately. Karlee is here to tell you that this is based on an outdated belief and just not sustainable over time for anyone. Ever. The women who are truly thriving in our modern economy are the ones that do things a little differently.
In this episode, Karlee breaks down why “hustle culture” and "sperm wisdom" are unsustainable in today’s world for most, and provides doable strategies to help shift your mindset and expectations of yourself, your work, and your business.
Tune in to start living in a way that truly works for YOU in our modern economy.
In This Episode You'll Learn:
● How women in leadership roles changed the world during the 2008 recession. (2:15)
● How to do better than the outdated testosterone-based leadership strategies and move toward a sustainable strategy for leading your life and business. (6:04)
● The cyclical and selective nature of working and living in the world. (10:23)
● Why it’s okay to not always know the answer. (16:03)
● Red flags that tell you what is not working for you. (17:27)
● How to apply some "egg wisdom" in a culture that is running around like busy sperm. (27:39)
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
Found this episode helpful? Leave a review on your podcast app and share a screen shot of this episode on social media so other women can see it. Tag Karlee so she can give you a shout out on: Instagram or Facebook
Or drop Karlee a line here.