Episode 39: Outgrowing Your Circle? How To Find Where You Really Belong Like A ProAug 03, 2020
You have a lot of people around you that you love, yet you can’t fully be yourself around them anymore. Maybe you’ve made some significant shifts in your life or you’re starting to treat yourself better than you used to, and you’re starting to realize that you’re just not a match for these folks in the same away anymore.
If this is resonating with you, it’s likely that your group isn’t genuinely your group anymore. They don’t light you up the same way they used to, and you may find spending time with them more draining than life-giving. You’ve outgrown your social or professional circle.
So, what do you do now?
In this episode, Karlee explores the idea of what it means to truly belong in a group of people, and that just fitting in isn’t enough. Truth is, fitting in is the opposite of belonging. Going further, Karlee talks about how to reconnect with yourself and figure out what “belonging” means to you in this stage of your life and career, along with a 4 step process to finding a group of people that serve and support who you are.
Tune in to learn how you can create lasting belonging in a community without ever sacrificing your authenticity to fit into a box.
In This Episode You'll Learn:
● What outgrowing your social or professional circle looks like. (7:34)
● How to reconnect with yourself after separating from your social circle. (10:55)
● What sabotages our sense of belonging. (15:33)
● Why the opposite of belonging is fitting in. (19:24)
● What is true belonging? (22:51)
● How to create relationships that allow you to belong. (24:34)
● The 4 Step Process to finding a supportive community where you belong. (25:46)
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
Found this episode helpful? Leave a review on your podcast app and share a screen shot of this episode on social media so other women can see it. Tag Karlee so she can give you a shout out on: Instagram or Facebook
Or drop Karlee a line here.