Episode 59: Lifestyle Rich: Free yourself from the tyranny of "I need to do it all" thinking and get big results by going small with Karin RozellDec 21, 2020
A year ago today, what did your morning routine look like? Maybe you peeled open your eyes as your alarm clock annoyingly assaulted your senses way too early in the morning. You did your hair, put on a sensible outfit, and made the commute to work. You toiled all day, came home tired, and did your best to shut off your brain before crawling into bed. Work. Rest. Repeat.
Oh, how things have changed.
For the better part of a year now, Covid has caused us to slow down. It’s forced us to step out of the hustle and alter our daily routines. If you’ve been able to look away from the general train wreck that has been 2020 and slip on your rose-colored glasses for even a second, you might have noticed that as the pace of life has slowed down, it’s also created space for you to breathe.
In this strange season of relative stillness, is it possible that there’s a gift hidden in there somewhere?
It’s time to ask yourself: Do I need to be going so fast?
Today, Karlee talks to Karin Rozell, a self-proclaimed “business nerd” and marketing mindset teacher. She’s written 2 business books, and created the Happy Little Practice Method to help moms create and scale their businesses.
After consciously defecting from the big city hustle and recalibrating to the rhythms of nature, Karin found that a 'less is more' approach to life and business brought a new sense of calm and clarity to everything she did.
In this episode, she flips our concept of the definition of success into something that’s based less on the traditional model, and shaped instead around the concept of lifestyle richness. Wealth isn’t about collecting cash, it’s about choosing how you spend your day.
The gift hidden in the chaos of this year might actually be simplicity. How can we adopt a minimalist mindset? How can we do less, but do it better?
If you’re ready to unbind yourself from the pressure of constant doing, and transition into a space of peaceful being, then this episode is for you!
Some Questions Karlee Asks:
- How did you transition from doing such big work in the city to running your practice in a totally different way? (7:39)
- Why is small the new big? (13:19)
- How does a lifestyle-rich shift begin to happen? (17:55)
- How do you fan the flames of your focus during Covid? (21:27)
- How do you simplify your social media presence? (27:05)
- What do you do in your practice that might surprise people? (36:05)
- How little is enough? (46:40)
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- What happens when you synch your work to the natural rhythm of nature. (9:25)
- Why that feeling of peace might mean you’ve made it to where you want to be. (14:00)
- “Happy” as a business strategy. (18:22)
- Why the feeling of overwhelm is a message to simplify. (22:20)
- The human value of exposing our “wildly imperfect” moments. (31:25)
- Why self-care isn’t a luxury, it’s a necessity. (39:12)
- How to create your personal definition of wealth. (51:05)
People Mentioned In This Episode:
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
Connect with Karin Rozell:
Connect With Karlee:
Found this episode helpful? Help another woman have access to this info by sharing it with a friend and leaving a review on iTunes. Women rise well together.
Did you know Karlee shares carefully curated resources from each episode to elevate your career, health, and relationships?
Sign up to get the next uplifting message Karlee sends out delivered to your inbox like freshly baked bread.
Karlee doesn't do SPAM. She'll guard your email info like a mother bear does her cubs.