Episode 6: Feeling The Holiday Stress? Here's a framework for more ease during full timesDec 16, 2019
Ever feel the pressure to make sure things are just absolutely perfect for everyone, especially during the holidays or other full times? From gifts to making great food, to how to spend your time, there’s so much pressure to make sure that everything you do makes everyone else happy.
Feeling pulled in like 10 directions at the same time?
With the holidays near, it’s important to figure out how to nourish yourself during a busy time and create a framework around full times that is life-giving for you.
In this episode, Dr. Maria Sirois dives deep into how to care for yourself during the holidays or any extra “full” time in your life.
We know that "self-care” is not just about getting enough sleep and going to the gym a few times a week. It’s all about knowing how to deal with challenging people in challenging circumstances.
Maria outlined beautifully how to make a really small—but hugely transformative—shift in our fullest times so that we still get to experience what we want more of in our life.
Tune in to learn how to navigate the holidays, and other full times, in a way that gives you life.
Some Questions I Asked:
● What does being intentional during a busy time look like? (7:09)
● What’s an example of a life-giving question? (10:17)
● How do we navigate finding pause, grace, and ease during the holidays? (14:46)
● What is one mistake that you’ve made that you’re thankful for now? (38:13)
● Even if others don’t agree, what do you know to be true? (40:09)
In This Episode You Will Learn:
● How to take a pause and ask a life-giving question to create openness within yourself. (8:08)
● The three-step framework to guide you through the holidays. (16:11)
● What simple but BIG "aha" Maria has learned about navigating the holidays. (19:18)
● How to take the pressure off of giving the perfect gifts. (22:06)
● How to consciously craft the holidays in a way that gives you life. (25:40)
● A great way to stop yourself from being spread too thin when people need your attention (35:36)
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
Found this episode helpful? Leave a review on your podcast app and share a screen shot of this episode on social media so other women can see it. Tag Karlee so she can give you a shout out on: Instagram or Facebook
Or drop Karlee a line here.