Episode 93: Building Sturdy Roots to Rise: How we champion authenticity, vulnerability, and nourishment in your life and career with Anitza MartinsAug 16, 2021
Authenticity & Vulnerability.
When Messy & Magnificent first hit the airwaves, these values are what Karlee felt needed to be front and center. They would come through in every breath, every episode, every fit of laughter, and every heartfelt expression of empathy.
This was what we needed more of in the world then. And a pretty rough year and some change later, this secret sauce is what continues to make us stand out.
Living into our ideals. Walking our talk. Practicing what we’re preachin’. Being authentically, vulnerably, unapologetically ourselves.
So, how do we do it? How do we continue to grow, elevate our message, and stand out from the crowd?
We keep digging deeper, sharing more authentically, and wholly supporting this growing community that we’ve created together.
Today, Karlee and Anitza open with a reflection on where we’ve been, what we’ve learned, and where we are today. Then, we travel back to one of our earliest episodes where listeners asked deep, juicy questions about how Karlee manages her work & life, and the mindset that helps her embody those ideals. This is a deep dive into how to run a successful business, find real work/life balance, learn from mistakes, and rise authentically.
If you’re ready to learn how you can approach your life and business with more authenticity and more nourishment, then this episode is for you!
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- Getting to the heart of why we reach for social media (3:50)
- The embodiment of a real leader (12:27)
- When the puzzle pieces of your experience finally start fitting together (15:44)
- Why personal nourishment should be a fundamental part of your business (22:02)
- How Karlee manages her schedule and stays on track (36:17)
- Switching from being driven by motivation to being driven by devotion (42:02)
- How to foster authenticity and engagement through social media (50:07)
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
Connect With Karlee:
Messy and Magnificent is produced by the folks at Ginni Media.