Episode 54: Celebrating The Wisdom of Women: Your Favorite Guest Moments From Our First YearNov 16, 2020
We owe so much to the women who came before us, and equally to the ones out there today, making waves and fully embracing themselves in the modern world. The emotional memories of the women that have paved paths rest deep within our bones, and it empowers us to be our best, most authentic selves.
You are the bridge between the courageous women that came before you, and the ones who will look up to you in years to come. Now it’s up to us to pay our knowledge forward, and tell our stories to future generations.
In part two of our One Year Anniversary series, we’re revisiting the most impactful and powerful messages in carefully selected interviews from just a few of the magnificent women we’ve had on the podcast. Through the willingness of each of these women to share their time and stories, we’ve explored some of the most important themes that I know have helped listeners discover valuable wisdom that has made a difference in their own lives.
This is a master collection of episodes featuring universal topics like embracing who we are in the world today, setting boundaries, honoring our instincts, and believing in the power of our own stories.
There’s never been a better time to hear these messages. As we’re all adjusting to life under the influence of a pandemic, doing our best to manage the stress and uncertainty that an election year (here in the US) brings. As we rise together in the anticipation of a coming new year, let us hear the wisdom in these stories. Let us embed this confidence, strength and empowerment in our bones so that these are the things that future generations of human women carry in themselves.
If you’re ready to revisit, implement, and bestow the bounty of truth and wisdom carried in the stories of these women, then this episode is for you. May it remind you that your story is also essential, and needs to be told.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- How we carry the experiences of our ancestors into our present-day lives (6:34)
- Understanding the lasting legacy of the patriarchy and how we live it (10:50)
- Why boundaries are the secret to reclaiming your time and energy (12:16)
- Why the concept of “noble self-sacrifice” isn’t acceptable (15:46)
- How to tap into your intuition, and why it’s an underappreciated asset in business (20:32)
- You Holy Knowing: How women elevate from doubt to gaining confidence (23:17)
- An exercise in hearing your own holy knowing (25:24)
- How being unapologetically yourself can guide you to a place of greatness (26:37)
- Leveraging your values to reflect who you really are, and making it work for what you do (28:40)
- Why our stories matter and the generational value in telling them (31:35)
- How we open the door of joyful possibilities (35:08)
- Episode 22: Patriarchy Stress Disorder: Removing invisible barriers to your joy and fulfillment with Dr. Valerie Rein
- Episode 32: Curing the Knee Jerk “Yes”: Doable Boundaries That Will Set You Free with Nancy Levin
- Episode 26: Self-Sacrifice Is Not The Future of Business or Medicine with Shavawn Boyer, RN
- Episode 15: Building the Habit of Courage: How to stop enduring what drains you with Dana Lemay
- Episode 35: Trust Your Knowing: How Women Rise From Doubt to Leading Themselves Forward with Suzi Banks Baum
- Episode 47: Single Mom Strong: How Our Body Leads Us Into Courageous Activism for Ourselves and Others with Lanna Brown
- Episode 40: Emotional Success: How to Leverage Your Unique Values Like the World’s Best Brands do with Farryn Weiner
- Episode 49: Masterful Storytelling: How to Share Your Stories to Transform and Engage with Others with Dr. Maria Sirois
Connect with Guests:
Nse’ Ufot - CEO of the New Georgia Project
Helen Butler - Executive Director of the Georgia Coalition for the People’s Agenda
Deborah Scott - Executive Director of Georgia Strategic Alliance for New Directions and Unified Policies (GA STAND-UP)
Tamieka Atkins - Executive Director of ProGeorgia
Make Sure All People Get to Vote By Supporting the Georgia Senate Seat Run-off: GASenate.com
Connect With Karlee:
Contact Karlee if You Have Access to N95 Masks in Size Small for A Frontline Worker: [email protected]
Messy and Magnificent is produced by the folks at Ginni Media.